Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spaghetti is the instant classic

Tonight's menu was supposed to be yesterday's menu, but I took Noodles on a walk and Alex got other ideas and decided to eat some leftover pizza before we got back home.

So, here it is, Alex's favorite meal, and a likely constant in the weekly rotation. Spaghetti with meat sauce. If we don't eat this every week, we come darn near...and because Alex likes the jarred sauce as much as my homemade, we just stick with what's easy. Working girls need their short cuts. Being the Sam's club devotees that we are, we use Member's Mark All-Natural Four Cheese Pasta Sauce , with 96% lean ground beef, NOT meatballs.



Alex has already confessed his distaste for meatballs after the first time I laboriously created that meal in attempt to impress him. I do try to fancy it up a bit with some extra seasoning from our pantry. If you've been to my house, you've seen the wall-o-spices that I married into.




Oh, and I don't even MESS with that whole wheat spaghetti crap. Please refine my flour as much as possible before I wrap it around my fork, thanks.


This will be served with fancy green beans, again from Sam's. I am as excited about these as a girl CAN be about frozen green beans. They are the tastiest and easiest frozen vegetable I've yet to encounter and Alex actually likes them, too, despite the fact they are a vegetable that isn't corn.





So, there you go. Bow down to my culinary genius. It may not seem like much, but this is one of the reasons Alex told me he had to marry...he needed somebody to make his spaghetti. I'm am so lucky to be that somebody.




No comments:

Post a Comment