Wednesday, June 20, 2012

She Blogs!

Well, I stopped blogging because it stopped being fun...not just the blogging, but the trying to make new recipes AND feed my picky husband at the same time.
I'm still making, though. Right now I'm making my way toward a new goal...my first 26.2 big girl marathon. I officially started training this week. I'm following Hal Higdon's Novice 2 program. Hal got me through my first half-marathon and I believe he'll get me to this new challenge. The plan gives me 18 weeks to build up my mileage, which is great. I am already in good running shape after finishing an awesome 4 half-marathons in a 2 month span this spring.
BUT, 18 weeks, means training through the ENTIRE summer, which sucks. I hate hot running. And I live in Kansas, so summer = hot. You know what else I hate? Morning running. Ugh. Mornings.
This is what 6am looks like on me. Not pretty.

But, I'm trying to beat the heat so I'm doing it.



Trading my slippers for my sneakers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment